Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Change Your Church For Good by Brad Powell

Change Your Church for Good is about how to go about changing your church and making it more of a church that God would desire. He offers some great advice especially in the midst of soft and easy Christianity, however when reading Change Your Church for Good, it was actually very difficult to agree with everything that Powell had to say. Many of his claims seemed to be how we can change the Church, and leaves a very small emphasis on the Holy Spirit bring the change. Though I do believe that there needs to be a high emphasis on us doing our part and not being lazy, I wouldn't recommend this to someone who believes that they can do it on their own. This would only feed to their egotism and their pride. Overall, it is a 3 star book for me. I wouldn't go out and buy this book, but if I received it as a gift, I would say it is worth reading.

No comments: