Thursday, November 20, 2008

AFRICA

i decided i would commendier my blog in order to keep people updated on Africa. So to start out, last year i really wanted to go on the Africa 08 team but after praying, i felt that God wanted me to stay. This year however, i was much more open to the idea and asked God again to send me. The only kicker was that i was really not in the finacial state to commit to a $3,500.00 trip. That being said, i had been praying to God that my faith would be stretched drastically and after talking to quite a few people, i was convinced that this was the faith step that God wanted me to take. After committing, having an intense interveiw, i recieved the call that granted me to go. i was so excited that i would be going to Africa (i still am super pumped) and so far the thing that has really stretched me is money. The first $500.00 deposite was due with my application but unfortunately, i didn't have that much money sitting around. So i saved and biked, stopped spending money on practically everything, which allowed me to give the check just last week. Praise God! And as of now, i am putting my faith in God knowing that he will supply for this next portion. i also have to have faith in the people around me for support. I am asking for $2000.00 between everyone i know. Soon i will post my support letter and if anyone is interested in supporting (both finacailly or prayer)  i would greatly appreciate it  :)  As for now i will continue to pray and ask for whatever God needs done.

No comments: