Friday, November 21, 2008

recent hurt with no bandaid to help

John Stumbo is currently up in the ICU of OHSU Hospital in Portland, Oregon. Being one of Drew's best friends, as well as getting to know mr. Stumbo as lot better, it has been quite the week for me, but more so, for the family. I went up and stayed with Drew and Joanna from 12 to 9:45 Tuesday, which took an emotional take on me. I ended up not going to school the next day because i had not gotten any work done on Tuesday, being up at the hospital, and i also was exhausted. Though i was happy i could be there for Drew, this has totally offset my internal clock. It really didn't feel like Friday and despite the weekend being tomorrow, i am still tired and drained not feeling any energy. This has also set off my work, not allowing me to get done the things that need to be done. I have just finished my draft for my support letter and that is about the first real thing i did this week. I did take 45 min yesterday to take care of the fender bender i was in. (cost me $350 plus a new hub cap-- going to set me back a few dollars for Africa) I am concerned just for the toll this incident could possibly take on the Stumbo family. Also, i am concerned on what physical damage John could walk away with after he is healed. Lots of thoughts running through my mind and distracting me from Africa and school (with good reason) So i continue to pray for John, i hope you will too. Also pray for the family. Africa can wait for them... especially for them.

No comments: